- Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Commencement date: 1 October 2018
- Salary: Competitive
- Category: Executive
- Employment Level: Full-time
- Application Deadline: 15 December 2017, 23:59 (11.59 p.m.) Central European Time
- Application Form
The International Association of Y's Men's Clubs (Y’s Men International) is currently represented in more than 60 countries with a membership of 25,000. Its International Headquarters are located in Geneva, Switzerland with a Satellite Office positioned in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
The organisation is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and welcomes members from all faith backgrounds. No one is denied membership because of race, creed, colour or national origin. Y’s Men International “strives through active service to develop, encourage and provide leadership to build a better world for all people”. Additional information can be found here.
Y's Men International is now inviting applications for the position of International Secretary General.
Declaration of Acceptance:
All applicants must declare that they are aware of the Christian origin and purposes of the International Association of Y's Men's Clubs. If appointed, they shall give their full and enthusiastic support to the pursuit of the same in harmony with Y's Men and Y's Menettes of every race, creed, sex and national origin. They declare unconditional loyalty to the Christian basis of our Movement and to our partnership with the YMCA. Applicants must read and accept the preamble to the Declaration of Acceptance.
The successful candidate:
- Will be stationed at the Satellite Office in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Will be additionally responsible for managing the office and staff at International Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland
- Will be contracted for an initial period up to 4 years, commencing in October 2018; with a possible second term of 4 years
- Will be eligible for a remuneration package of salary and allowances as per the organisational Personnel Policy including relocation expenses, medical insurance, accommodation allowance, child education allowance, etc. comparable with other international, non-profit organisations based in Thailand
- Will report to the International Council through the International President
- Willingness to travel extensively for promotion of the organisation
- Ability to work harmoniously with people from various religious, linguistic and cultural backgrounds across the globe
- Qualified through education and experience to assume responsibility of all aspects of administration, business and financial management and formulation of policies and programmes (minimum of a university degree and 5 years administrative experience)
- Have a personal history of active involvement with Y’s Men International, the YMCA and/ or other non-governmental organisations; secretarial experience in any of these organisations is preferred
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to develop rapport and build productive relationships with a range of key internal and external participants
- Able to communicate fluently in both oral and written English; the ability to converse in another mainstream language would be beneficial
- Fully conversant with financial management and budgeting
- Possess strong computer skills including the use of social media and online meeting formats
- Demonstrate the ability to introduce changes and modern management thinking to the movement.
- Manage the staff at both the International Headquarters Office in Geneva, Switzerland and in the Chiang Mai Satellite Office
- Inspire, motivate, delegate and lead the staff of the organisation
- Maintain financial and statistical records of Y’s Men International and make regular reports to International Council through the International President
- Maintain proper budgetary control over International finances
- Responsible for implementation of organisational vision, mission, purpose and objectives
- Develop and maintain adequate dissemination of information and training materials
- Responsible for administration of annual Y’s Men International elections, planning and co-ordinating of International Conventions, organising International Council and Mid Year meetings, and related workshops and trainings
- Liaise between Y’s Men International office and its Area and Regional officers
- Liaise between Y’s Men International and civic/legal/Bank authorities as needed
- Liaise between Y’s Men International and other NGOs, especially organisations like the YMCA and UN
- Work with the Board of YMI Foundation in Thailand to comply with all legislative requirements
- Oversee the development of promotional materials and resources for training of volunteer leaders
Time Plan and Process:
- The application closing date is 15 December 2017. Final-round interviews will be conducted in Chiang Mai, Thailand around 10 April 2018.
- Candidates selected for a final-round interview will be notified by email one month prior to the date of interview. Travel and accommodation expenses for final-round candidates and their spouses will be provided by Y’s Men International.
For more information, contact the International President Mr Henry Grindheim
- The successful candidate will be expected to attend the International Council meeting to be held between 5 - 8 August in Yeosu, South Korea, followed by the International Convention, 9 - 12 August 2018 and to relocate to Chiang Mai in order to commence full-time duties on 1 October 2018.